Moonlander Keyboard (Mechanical) (Ergonomic) (Split) (Ortholinear)

Glad to hear you are enjoying it Brent! :+1:

If you’ve gotten quite used to it by just a few minutes a day I imagine it would become second nature if you made it your full time layout for a few weeks - well, according to @Dusty’s article anyway:

In the Colemak community, there is an approach called Tarmak, where you change only 3–4 letters at a time, progressing only after you have regained proficiency. This is not a bad approach, but the majority of successful switchers are in the cold-turkey club (myself included, 3 times). The way this works is that you find a period of several consecutive days where you can minimize commitments and you aren’t at work. This could be vacation time, a long weekend holiday, the grandparents are in town to watch the kids, you name it. You go after the layout in as full-time a manner as possible, and you try to hit 30 WPM. Many people can do this in just a couple days of dedicated practice. You then take your 30 WPM to work and grit your teeth through one tough week. After that, you relax, use the layout full-time, and the speed comes naturally. That’s it.

Try it, I dare you! :joy: :nerd_face:

Why is it impacting your left wrist?

I would do as Law has done:

I’ve heard people do that for numbers on ortholinear keyboards too - as they’re closer to numpads (something I miss from my old Apple keyboard!)

Don’t say that :rofl: I just want to get to something good without having to fiddle around too much :upside_down_face:

1 Like