Modern Front-End Development for Rails: Include a "before" chapter version of sample code

Just purchased the book and would love if there were a “before” version of the code for the chapters. I learn better by doing and unfortunately all the work is already done for me for chapter 1.

1 Like

If you’re starting out with Rails? I recommend checking out Michael Hartl’s material, he’s very comprehensive.

I’ve been doing Rails development for 12 years now, I have no issues with creating Rails apps.

I made the suggestion because the premise for the first chapter is, “here’s a fairly vanilla Rails app, now we’re going to show you what you need to add to it”. Except that the sample code is the final product not the starting point for the chapter.

I think the issue here is that there’s a main code branch that wasn’t included in the code download, we’ll fix that.

But from here on in, you should find that the code branches are in relatively small steps, and you should be able to build the code incrementally from each branch

1 Like

I agree with punkisdead. I just downloaded the source code for the book and I can see each chapter is split up, but there is no starting point before chapter 01. There needs to be a chapter 00 which includes the pages, controllers, etc but not the little segments of code that you show us in Chapter 01.