Modern Front-End Development for Rails: B7 not sure about the pathway

First of all, learned a lot after completing the first 3 chapters. Love the explanations. Thanks!

Generally, not sure what is the path to follow when you want to program along the way. I took the turbo/01 and just followed along.

But then, say in Chapter 3 when we did the show/hide button on the Favorites section, it works perfectly until you add a new favorite to the section. Then it just hides the first item in the list.

Also, if I click on Edit inside the Favorites section, that does not show the editing form but instead just removes the concert from the favorites section (only visually) with a message in JS Console “Response has no matching element”

I believe I need to do some fixing myself, but would be happy to know if there is a recommended way for those folks who want to start at some point and code along the way.

1 Like

It should work all the way through, anything that doesn’t work all the way through is a bug or should be called out in the text as not quite working yet.

Actually that show/hide thing not showing new favorites is a bug that I didn’t notice and actually wind up fixing later in the book, but probably should just make correct in the earlier code.

Similarly on the Edit inside the Favorites, I think I get rid of that a little later when we make favorites have a different partial than regular concerts.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!