LinkedIn Silently Deleted Several of My Posts

Sumit Khana on LinkedIn: LinkedIn Silently Deleted Several of My Posts.
We’ve all heard about Big Tech censorship. YouTube strikes, locked Twitter accounts, etc. LinkedIn participates too, but they commit the most horrific …

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

LinkedIn is a private company and a private site, they can do whatever they wish, just like you are free not to use them. If something should be open to all people then it should be managed by the government (who are themselves, at least in the american case, under strict rules about freedom of speech and other things that private companies are not), but LinkedIn is not.

I get the want about being notified when your posts are deleted, but again this is a private company, they aren’t for you, they are for profit.

Now that doesn’t mean that I don’t think something like LinkedIn should be made into a public utility (or something better designed and less profit focused but rather more for helping people), but as it stands right now, it is not, it is a company. If you don’t like private companies being able to do what they wish, since they are private companies, then indeed you are likely anti-capitalist, as that freedom of companies is free-market capitalism in a nutshell.

1 Like