Keyboard Switches - which do you use/like?

Will you be lubing them next DG :nerd_face:

I love the sound of Gateron Ink Blacks (lubed)

1 Like

I’m afraid I’ll spoil them if I try to lube them. Also, I think lubed switches with catch the dirt (dust) quicker.

I typed on a keyboard with Gateron red switches the day before yesterday, and they didn’t feel like Cherry switches, at all.

1 Like

Definitely Cherry MX Brown. Tried most of the Cherry MX switches and only Brown is what stuck with me. Never tried any others though, save for Logitech’s custom switches which were quite meh but okay in general (I can see how they can appeal to part of the gamers but not to me).

2 Likes

New to the rabbit hole :slight_smile:
There are new switches coming out every month. So many choices.

What is your favorite?

I recently got a pack of Durock L7.
Factory lube is enough, it is ready to use.
But the length of the default spring is a bit short.

1 Like

Nowadays I use Cherry MX Low Profile Speed switches, and I love them.

1 Like

Gazzew Boba U4T has been my preferred option for a while however recently have been trying out Gateron Baby Kangaroos. I’m pretty much sold on the Baby Kangaroos for the moment, they have quite a big tactile bump in them give really good feedback when typing.

2 Likes

I watched a video on Gateron Baby Kangaroos, and I must say, their sound is quite pleasing.

2 Likes

I’ve never been big into keyboard sound compared to a lot of people who I see who are interested in keyboards but I also did notice they sounded a good bit nicer than others I have tried. Personally I am big into tactile feedback which is the main reason I like them however they are very far off the preferences you seem to express in some of your previous posts, they are a bit heavier and the tactile bump makes them seem a bit heavier again.

1 Like