How will Covid-19 be remembered?

Last thread about Horrid-19 from me for now, promise :stuck_out_tongue:

Will we ever get rid of it? Will it mutate? How will we look back on it? How will we remember it? Will any nicknames gain traction…

3 Likes

Of course we will. Even in worst scenarios there is no epidemic killing 100% of population and that applies to animals as well.

We in Europe already have mutated virus which is more aggressive and potentially could kill more people in Europe (maybe even in single countries) than in China.

It really depends on country … I said how it looks now in Poland here:

and most probably it will no change, so it would be (politicians) “anti-crisis fail compilation 2020”. Not sure if we even would remember about “covid-19” name, because of how much we would remember politicians.

In Italy people potentially could learn that even if they are in hot country they are not 100% safe and maybe it will go better.

I heard that Canada made good moves pretty quickly, so most probably they would not remember it as bad as other countries.

In Japan people laugh how sad is South Korea, because Japan closed borders for them. Also most probably Shinzō Abe would not be a Prime Minister in next elections, because of decision about Diamond Princess. From what I heard people in Japan are of course cautious, but also they are chilling. I envy them so much.

3 Likes

I’ll personally remember it with the memes. Here’s one:

4 Likes

Maybe…
The issue in my opinion is that people try to act like a ‘god’ and think they can control nature in every-way possible - actually at some point they will have to realise this because… They are not. Hopefully they will find a cure but isn’t this slightly like the common cold? Which mutates and we don’t have a cure. I have no idea if they will find a cure or if it will just stay on like other pathogens have. Still not sure why they are making a massive deal out of it: “The flu is estimated to kill between 290,000 and 650,000 people worldwide each year, including about 17,000 in Britain.” and we survive. same as Covid-19 it is only really a threat to people that are elderly and underlying health conditions. In history there have always been outbreaks such as the Bubonic Plague, Cholera and people have always made it through same goes for this corona virus. People are acting like if they are in the film 28 days later (Shaun of the dead… Whatever). This is not harmful (covid-19) to most of the population and they are going mad over not a problem.

I am not the virus so can’t exactly tell you its plans :slight_smile:

Well remember the old people ranting on about how they got through the ‘great war’…

Veterans: “We got through the Great war!”
Us: “Oh yeah! We got through the Corona Virus - and it was a worry over nothing since all the politicians are old and wanted to only worry about themselves!”

Yep!

• Waste of time 2019-2020
  • Not an issue 2019-2020

Right rant over for now. Please carry on.

3 Likes

I will remember my first time when for whole shopping (buying new food savings) time I was laughing. If you heard about creepy person which look like someone laughing from nothing then no … that time it was not a character from low budget movie … it was me. Don’t worry … do not call for medic … at least not for me.

:rofl:

1 Like

I forgot to post about this tweet:
https://twitter.com/Undoomed/status/1221545217641402370
Did you saw it before or maybe yourself noticed same coincidences?

4 Likes

Probably as the start of an economic crisis. :frowning:

3 Likes