How many languages and frameworks do you follow?

How many languages and frameworks do you follow or keep up to date with on a regular basis? How many do you keep an eye on less regularly?

1 Like

These days, two languages (Ruby, which is my favorite language and the main one I’ve worked in lately, and Elixir, which I’m slowly learning) and two frameworks (I’ll give you three guesses). I also try to keep a good eye on general industry news, like what new languages, frameworks, methodologies, concepts, etc. come into existence.

There is currently nothing else I deliberately keep an eye on less regularly. However, I will pay a bit more attention to things I stumble across in Python (second choice of the languages I have used for work) or vanilla JavaScript (which I don’t like, and haven’t used all that much or intensively, but have to do once in a while).

3 Likes

I kind of only follow Swift.

3 Likes

Same :smiley:

Where do you normally keep up to date on this stuff? I try too tho it’s generally a little harder (hopefully it’s something Devtalk will be able to help with :nerd_face:)

Must admit I have toyed with the idea of just concentrating on iOS apps. I had a lot of fun with my MacRuby app.

Do you use Swift on the server as well then?

1 Like

Languages: Elixir, Clojure, Go, Dart
Frameworks: Phoenix, Django, re-frame

2 Likes

Mostly general software engineering blogs, podcasts, meetups, and conferences. Sometimes some of them have a “what’s new” section, or at least there may be mention of a meeting/talk about something new (at least to me).

2 Likes

Elixir and, increasingly, Rust.

5 Likes

Elixir and, increasingly, Rust.

Ditto. ^.^

2 Likes