Have you seen the new Exercism site?

Been doing Exercism and A Cloud Guru courses. I’m trying to get firmer grasp on Rust, Go and planning on finally doing AWS certs.

3 Likes

Exercism is a great site, thanks for putting a spotlight on it! I started doing some exercises there to sharpen my skills as well… just now have to wait a few more days for the site to re-launch again :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

6 more hours to go :smiley:

4 Likes

The re-launched site is seriously great, isn’t it? Have you tried it already? It seriously got me addicted, I’m now going through the Elixir track any time I find some free time – now somewhat stuck on solving the Knapsack problem, but I won’t give up :muscle:

4 Likes

If you really get stuck, you can ask for mentor help :slight_smile:
I really like the way the exercises are organised on the new site. Now there is a more coherent path to follow.

5 Likes

I was browsing and say that exercism.io got a brand new look and feel!
Gonna continue the Rust and Elixir track then.
Love the built in editor, that’s great work.

4 Likes

Looks great :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Split these posts into a new thread - the new site looks great!! :023:

2 Likes

Still wondering what “teams” is going to look like when they relaunch that next year. Been thinking of offering sort of a team-based mentoring service.

2 Likes

Ha, I failed my trainee exam on the Knapsack problem! Fun fact: in Germany you can still complete your trainee education even if you fail the final exam. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Such a slick look. Haven’t tried the new version yet.

2 Likes

My word can I just say that the mentors on the site are absolutely stellar? A few days ago, I submitted a mentoring request to get my implementation of binary search algorithm reviewed, and while I expected a perhaps single sentence back or maybe one paragraph, I got a thorough walkthrough through my code, explaining what works well and what could be further improved or made more readable. If your username is the same on Exercism and on this forum, then thank you one more time, @neenjaw!

8 Likes

I have tried the new version yesterday and it’s even better than I expected. The fact that they have a syllable now makes it a superb experience for people new to programming.

1 Like

I know, right? I want to get into few more languages in the future (once I feel like I sufficiently solidified the basics of Elixir), such as Erlang and Rust (maaaybe give Elm another chance, but damn we did not hit it off on a first try :sweat_smile:), and I’m now counting on Exercism to be part of my learning process.

3 Likes