Has anyone got or experiencing Coronavirus symptoms?

The chances of getting this is high, and although symptoms will be mild for many, I wonder if there’s worth having a thread to log our direct experiences.

Please feel free to use this thread if you have or think you have picked up Coronavirus Covid-19.

4 Likes

Pretty sure me and my wife got through it back in December 2019. Moderately nasty flu but with very hard coughs – had problems breathing for several days. Some fevers, pretty mild ones, and occasional unexplainable fatigue for a few hours.

All in all nothing horrible but the coughs were definitely something else.

That’s why I think the current hysteria is really ill-placed and badly timed. But still, if some of the isolation measures help relieve the burden on the hospitals then it’s still a big win.

3 Likes

I think I may have had it too.

I stayed in since last Friday up to yesterday, but I had three deliveries. After receiving the second one, I left it in the porch, washed my hands and carried on with my usual activities. The day after I thought I’d better put the delivery away (a big sack of Epsom salts - for my daily baths!) I felt an unusual pin-prick type sensation in the palm of my hand. Washed hands as usual (always do whenever I pick up mail or receive a delivery - even before Coronavirus) but that night I felt a strong urge to rub my eyes as well. I was in the bath so figured clean enough to!

Same and following day I got that sensation you often get at the beginning of a sore throat, a pin prick burning type feeling in the back of my throat on swelling (just once), and then later down my food or wind pipe. I also experienced a few twinges in my chest. Also have a slight feeling similar to the aftermath of having a head-cold. I’ve coughed a few times too - but I am actually pretty good at surprising a cough. No temperature tho.

So I would say it’s possible I have had it, and (so far anyway) there’s been no major or debilitating symptoms… yet.

A friend from the gym (early 20s, in great shape) has got it (now confirmed) and had to go into hospital as he had chest pains on top of a cough. He’s now self-isolating. Just goes to show this can affect anyone of any age.

3 Likes

Luckily I’m fine mostly because of having huge amount of savings since begin of virus epidemic in China. I’m all the time self-isolated and chilling in flat I’m renting, but of course sooner or later savings need to end and I would be forced to buy new on Monday. Hope I would be fine.

2 Likes