Hardware you wish existed

We’ve got Wishlist threads for apps, software, languages etc but not one about hardware!

If there’s any tech related hardware you wish existed, please let us know! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I thought about this last night - I am forever composing emails, writing announcements or other letters - and I wish there was a mind/thoughts > typed device - that would be SO much easier and quicker!!!

I have one big caveat tho - the device must not under any circumstances be able to connect to the web and the only thing it can transfer (either to a usb drive or to a computer via bluetooth) is our confirmed text - it’s bad enough with the tech giants stealing our online activity we don’t want them stealing our thoughts and ideas as well :rofl:

4 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

This, super great for when you know the words, but can’t really get them out :rofl:

Super useful for coding too! :thought_balloon:"def function (thought for parenthesis, because you don’t say parenthesis in your thoughts, admit it :rofl:) do end"

Another thing I wish existed is a way to sign anywhere, passwordlessly using some sort of auth device you keep on a keychain or something. Time to sign up? Just enter the auth id, hold the fingerprint scanner on the device then bam! I really like the thought of this simple sign ins/ups.

Next up isn’t really hardware (sorry!), but rather a change in the internet, which is linked to the auth device: instead of sending emails, it’ll send messages to your device. Using a client, you could just browse your messages, and never having to worry about that weird email address you chose years ago!

But GeeDee, what about others contacting you?
idk there could be several short keys (private for auth, public for contacting etc)

2 Likes

I would like to see an HDMI device similar to Google Chromecast, but with USB port into which you could plug-in some mass storage device and play content from it. I used to have Western Digital TV Live which did something similar, but it was a big box. The new streaming devices don’t seem to care about your own content/storage anymore…

4 Likes

I want fully immersive VR, sight touch taste and all, I.E. probably a brain interaction.

2 Likes

Sounds like you want a retina/neurological implant of some sort - must admit, I think that’s when we’ll see a huge shift in what’s possible and what’s ‘reality’ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeessss, that would be such a HUGE productivity and immersiveness boon! And you wouldn’t need to take up a lot of space with VR equipment and area. ^.^

1 Like

Am I thinking too small if I’ll settle for a M1 version of the 12” MacBook? :grin:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like