Google has a secret deal with FB called “Jedi Blue” that they knew was illegal

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

I’m not using Facebook for a few years, and my Google search usage is also decreased since I know where my required stuff lives. What is a good alternative to Chrome?

2 Likes

Firefox

6 Likes

it’s sad to see the number of Firefox users falling over the years, because it’s pretty much the last alternative over Chrome since almost all other browsers use chromium codebase.
I wonder how long Mozilla will be able to stand =/

4 Likes

Yea. I think we should value more what Mozilla has been doing. They were #1 at some point then Google came with Chrome and everyone moved.

4 Likes

Firefox has been dying - we’ve see a few stories about it recently…

Not sure if their design tweaks made much difference:

2 Likes

Firefox is still a good browser. On my windows laptop, I mainly use the new MS Edge browser for the most part even though it is still based on Chromium under the covers. I still have Chrome installed that I mainly use for Gmail and the like. Also have Firefox installed that I use on occasion. I try to “spread the love” when using a browser. :grin:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Brave still uses chrome unfortunately, which is a detriment to start with.

4 Likes

I am using Firefox all the time for browsing in the last 3 or 4 years. My change from Chrome was due to active privacy/shielding features that Firefox provides out of the box.

2 Likes

It uses chromium, but I never found any google-specific stuff like synchronization or google account in the settings. Can it be that they cleaned it, similarly to “ungoogled-chromium” project?

2 Likes

It’s not the google part of it that I don’t like about chrome, it’s the monosystem, we need more web browser backends, not less, and chrome is actively pushing for things that help google and harm others.

2 Likes

Then there is also WebKit.org owned by Apple, and free browser - Epiphany / Gnome Web

2 Likes

Which is just an appleified version of what KDE originally made for their backend browser, lol. I think KDE was the originator of it?

2 Likes

Wonder if any browsers (other than safari) are using it? I’d much rather a browser built on that than Chromium-spyware :lol:

Even more reason for you to like it then ODL :081:

1 Like

A few, the issue is that it is just the rendering engine, so javascript or lots of other things.

Lol, except it also dates back to the 90’s. ^.^;
And KDE has moved to firefox by default for a long time now. ^.^

1 Like