Ex Facebook data scientist's damaging whistleblower interview

Doesnt tell us anything we didn’t already know but well worth a watch!!

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

Most of them are as bad as each other and maybe it’s to do with culture here in the West (where profit/making money seems to be the most important thing to so many people/companies).

Funnily enough it’s a Chinese company that is showing everyone how it should be done - TikTok! I very very very rarely see hate on that platform, in fact I am almost always left smiling or laughing - the Tiktok community is so creative and funny (and generally, nice!)

It’s not without problems of course (it’s too addictive for a start! :lol:) but it’s definitely a refreshing change from all the hate and negativity you see elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah entirely agree, every issue about facebook seems to stem from its culture around the company…

That’s because china is super crazy authoritarian. Try to post something pro about taiwan and look at how fast your video vanishes too. :wink:

1 Like

Haha, or it could just be that they want to focus on positivity?

Although I do wonder the feeds of those interested in more hateful stuff is full of more hateful stuff. Maybe they’ve found that they’ll do whatever it takes to grow - so I wouldn’t trust any of them as far as I could throw them :lol:

1 Like

No, they have specifically been shown to ban a lot of content that is entirely positive outside of china, but goes against chinese interests, like putting taiwan in a good light. :wink:

1 Like