ElixirMix 140 - How to Become a Top End Developer

Charles Max Wood takes the lead this week. He and Adi Iyengar discuss what Top End Devs are and what people should be doing to become Top End Devs.

They start out discussing the default trajectory of a developer’s career and then talk about how to get boosts off that line and into higher levels of achievement and fulfillment.

3 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

I would really enjoy these much more if they were transcribed… :105:

3 Likes

I’m “merely” one of the panelists but I shared your thoughts on the internal Discord, let’s see what comes of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well, mine is an 100% subjective take. Most of the time I prefer reading and not listening. Hardly something factual. :smiley:

2 Likes

I can sympathize with that. Personally I tend to listen to Podcasts in settings where reading would be impractical, like doing the dishes and other chores. Then it’s nice to just put on some headphones and tune out. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s a good way of looking at it. But to me doing house work is a way to mentally unwind through some physical labor (sort of like a workout). Having to load my brain even then is likely going to be too much. But I might try it sometime. :slight_smile:

1 Like