Do you have any (non-dev) hobbies?

Some progress on the jet :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Besides airplanes, I have a passion for everyting in modelling. Last year I started something I already wanted as a child: A live steam railway in my garden:

It’s relaxing and I can play together with my daughter, who can’t fly airplanes yet :smiley:

4 Likes

Plane looks great Rainer and I love your railway!

Not sure if you have it over there, but your daughter might like Thomas the tank engine, a cartoon that was very popular here…

2 Likes

Actually I never saw it on tv, but in Japan it’s so popular there is even a full-size one:

3 Likes

Oh wow that’s awesome!

Wondering whether we need a thread for cartoons or things we watched growing up :rofl: (Anyone remb Thunder Cats! I loved that :joy:)

2 Likes

Oh my, I am so jealous. I was crazy about trains as a kid and teen… Oh wait, guess I still am. :smiley:

2 Likes

It might not be of a big surprise, but I liked TaleSpin :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t think I have ever seen that - and I used to love Cartoons :rofl:

Dimi, you’ll have to make your own (railway tracks) too! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Ha. I remember Gumby (NOT the one from SNL dammit!), Marine Boy, Prince Planet, Johnny Cypher, Rocket Robin Hood, Tennessee Tuxedo, Magilla Gorilla, Kimba the White Lion, Atom Ant and Secret Squirrel, The Yogi Bear Show also featuring various others, Squiddly Diddly, Huckleberry Hound, Go Go Gophers (which I’m kinda surprised hasn’t been revived by the Go-lang devs), Super Chicken, Fat Albert, The Banana Splits (mostly live-action but featuring some cartoons), and various incarnations of The Pink Panther Show, and some y’all might have actually heard of, like The Lone Ranger, Astro Boy, George of the Jungle, Speed Racer, The Flintstones, Bullwinkle and the assorted other “subfeatures” on his show such as Mr. Peabody.

2 Likes

I finished work on the jet yesterday, and with perfect weather I did the maiden flight today. Everything went well :smiley:

Maybe now I’ve got the time to continue with reading the erlang book :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Looks awesome Rainer!

I need to get back to that book too :see_no_evil: I just need to update an older platform and get our portal system over to it first but I’m hoping it won’t take too long - I’m missing our little club :blush:

1 Like

Fantastic @Rainer! Love it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s awesome Rainer! The plane looks great, very sci-fi :slight_smile:

We also finished our plane and tried it yesterday. It went great until we crashed and broke it :frowning: So we’ll have to rebuild it! I’m looking for online resources to learn how to build planes.

3 Likes

Maybe it was just following the Erlang/Elixir idea of “Let It Crash”! :wink:

3 Likes

:rofl: that’s a good one! :small_airplane: :fire: :fire_engine:

3 Likes

I’m producing electronic music

2 Likes

Nice! What type of music @whoiswentz?

I used to have a home recording studio (still do - it’s in my mum’s garage!) and was into D&B production :smiley:

2 Likes

Dun & Bradstreet production? Dave & Buster’s? Google isn’t turning up any hits that look relevant.

2 Likes

Drum & Bass :blush:

Here’s a good D&B mix worth listening to:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments to my plane, I did 4 more flights on Sunday and it’s flying perfectly now :slight_smile:

At least it was flying :wink:
I also crashed many planes on first or second flight :roll_eyes:
There are a lot of resources, but I don’t know which is good especially for learning how to build.
One place I can recommend is RC Groups, a big discussion board where you can find virtually anything about airplane models:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

4 Likes