Do you find you work (/code) better at night?

Stealing this graphic that @ohm posted in another thread:

I personally find that I work much better at night, when there are far fewer distractions - less emails, notifications on my phone, tel calls, posts on forums even.

I also think ‘the sleepy brain’ may something to do with it too (where basically, at a level of tiredness you can’t multi-task as easily, meaning you are forced to focus on one thing) - these articles cover it well:

What about you? When do you feel you work best? :upside_down_face: :zzz:

3 Likes

It is quiet at night after everyone else goes to bed! Plus, considering that I am NOT a morning person, nighttime is when I get to read, catch-up, play with new stuff, etc. :grin:

3 Likes

I am consider a morning person, so I like to spend my time working and doing before night coming. I often few tired and low energy, and I do something really dummy to relax the rest of the day. Likewise, I deactivated almost my notification in desktop and mobile to avoid killed my focus time.

3 Likes

I definitely work better at night, because the little one is asleep then. ^.^;

2 Likes

Another classic take on the same concept:

(See This Is Why You Shouldn't Interrupt a Programmer - The Slightly Disgruntled Scientist for commentary and such.)

Funny though how, no matter how many times and ways we say it, tie-wearers and so forth never seem to get it. :frowning:

2 Likes

This is so true…the whole “now where was I again?” scenario.

2 Likes