Design for Safari 15

Meet Safari 15: redesigned and ready to help people explore the web. Discover how you can approach designing websites and apps for Safari, and learn how to incorporate the tab bar in your designs. We’ll also take you through features like Live Text and accessibility best practices, explore the latest updates to CSS and Form Controls, and learn how to use the aspect-ratio property in CSS to create incredible websites.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Theme colours look great from a dev perspective, but as a user, I hope we can switch them off :joy:

1 Like

You should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever design for a specific web browser, design to the spec only!

2 Likes

I think they said it’s been accepted by the W3C so should be standard across browsers :smiley:

While I can see the benefits on mobile devices (to give sites a more native app-like experience) I think I would find it annoying and jarring on a desktop… so really hope we can switch it off :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Then write to that spec, not to a specific browser. :wink:

1 Like

You do :smiley:

<meta name="theme-color" content="#4285f4">

3 Likes