Create Your Successful Agile Project (PragProg)

An “out-of-the-box” agile approach won’t work for your unique situation. Instead, unite agile and lean principles to design a custom approach, reap the benefits of collaboration, and deliver value. For project managers using agile techniques, managers who want to start, and technical leaders who want to succeed, this book is the first step toward agile project success.

Johanna Rothman @jrothman

Edited by Katharine Dvorak @katied

An “out-of-the-box” agile approach won’t work for your unique situation. Instead, unite agile and lean principles to design a custom approach, reap the benefits of collaboration, and deliver value. For project managers using agile techniques, managers who want to start, and technical leaders who want to succeed, this book is the first step toward agile project success.

Build collaborative, cross-functional teams. Use small batch sizes and frequent delivery to create an environment of trust between the team, management, and customers. Master interpersonal skills that help agile teams work together. Discover tools for status reporting, and use those measurements to help your managers understand agile techniques. Recognize the traps that prevent agile principles from working, and what to do about them.

Johanna’s frankness and humor will get you on the right track to design your agile project to succeed.

"A pragmatic and action-based book that bridges the gap between theory and practice. This is the book I wish I had when I started my first agile project! "

– Leland Newsom, agile coach, CapTech Ventures, Inc.

Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout :+1:

2 Likes