Clojure is a better Java than Java

8 Reasons why Clojure is a better Java than Java.
Clojure is better than Java at its own game. Using code examples, we dive into what makes Java, Java. Then we see why Clojure does Java better.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

This title makes no sense. How come Clojure is better Java than Java? The features mentioned have nothing to do with “Java”-ness. Unless there is a Java equivalent of Python’s import this and an article proving how Clojure does “line X” better than Java, the title is an unnecessary click bait to an otherwise ok write up.

2 Likes

In principle, Clojure can be just as fast as Java : both are compiled to Java bytecode instructions, which are executed by a Java Virtual Machine … Clojure code will generally run slower than equiva- lent Java code. However, with some minor adjustments, Clojure performance can usually be brought near Java performance.

1 Like

I really tried to like clojure once, but, sorry, too many round brackets to my eyes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Title is strange, you can say Clojure is the best or one of the best JVM languages, but not Clojure is a better Java than Java which doesn’t make much sense imho.

And I like Clojure, not a lot of opportunities to use it in my line of work but I’ve always had a soft spot for Lisp like languages.

1 Like