Chrome adding a fast page indicator

I like this change, I hope Firefox adds it too (medium warning, disable JavaScript):

3 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this - I have always found Google’s pagespeed tests not really reflective of real world experience, where visiting a page with excellent pagespeed results, vs some with not quite as good and where the latter actually loading (or appearing to load) much quicker. (But I am using Safari - so maybe it is a browser vs browser issue.)

3 Likes

This is mostly to just downmark the sites that are loading 800 images and 34 megs of javascript like many news sites, hopefully to encourage them to make things a little lighter. ^.^

Chrome’s pagespeed tests have been pretty accurate for what I’ve seen at least both in chrome-based browsers and firefox. Like my sites load in a fraction of a second for everything, but some other sites definitely take 10-20 seconds with a lot of jumping around as it loads… ^.^;

Safari and Chrome both use the same rendering engine for note, it’s their javascript engines that differ so that is where you should see the differences.

2 Likes