Apple Unveils MacBook Pro Featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max

Apple unveils MacBook Pro featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max.
Apple today announced the new 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max, Apple’s next-generation pro silicon.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

I no longer believe their “50% faster”, “2.5 times faster” nonsense - because that’s what it is, nonsense - they introduce obsolescence into their older machines via each OS update making these comparisons meaningless.

It now takes my Mac TWO SECONDS to close a Safari tab :roll_eyes: (Yes I have a lot open, but I have always had a lot open - this machine has 64GB of RAM and should be able to handle it!)

It really does show Apple does not respect their customers and is in stark contrast to others in the industry - our playstations and xboxes get faster and better with each update, not worse! Our TVs get faster and better with each update, not worse!

I am surprised there is no class action lawsuit against them about this, then again, is it really surprising given they’re all in each other’s pockets!!

Maybe ChatGPT can cobble together a competing OS :lol:

4 Likes

Their hardware, especially the Apple silicon based machines are good. I think people should start running Linux destros on them after they get slower, and then ditch Apple altogether.

1 Like

I might consider buying a 4nm chip MacBook later. There are too many issues on the latest product lines (like slow SSD / compatibility, etc)

1 Like

I thought and heard that they were good and fast, considering how expensive they were.

1 Like

Got a M1 Max as a personal computer, whenever I need to use the Lenovo at work, I see the difference.

The fans kicks so often, I’ve forgotten this sound, same goes for the battery, even with a dozen of docker container, the Mac’s battery lasts, the Lenovo can’t keep up.

I like macOS but I also like ricing my Linux, so I keep track of Asahi’s progress :wink:

The hardware is literally too good and got IMHO no competitor yet.

2 Likes

For me, I think it is the quality of Apple software that has declined. Whenever they have a big release, it is buggy until you wait for the next few updates.

1 Like

Haven’t heard of Asahi. Seems like a great alternative when Apple slows down Apple silicon based MacBooks a few versions later.

1 Like

Apple has a history of deliberately slowing down devices with new updates. Google batterygate case.

1 Like

Well it took them a while… but the latest update (13.3) appears to have fixed the issue, yay! :038:

Hope they didn’t spot my rant post :icon_redface: