Apple M1 Mac Reviews

The reviews are coming in - if you spot any or have a review of your own, please add it :nerd_face:

@ohm will be pleased, they seem to be pretty positive so far!

These look really awesome! Even though the MacBook Pro is not very pro, in reality my current MacBook Pro 13 only has 16 gigs of ram and two usb c ports. So it sounds like for some devs the performance would still be better depending on your needs.

I use docker for work and that is currently a no go. Not to mention that it sounds like chrome, slack and other similar apps will of course be just as piggish. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Couple more:

And a quick demo :rofl:

I’d definitely wait for now - unless it’s going to be your second machine or you know it’ll be able to run everything you need it to.

In terms of performance, it seems a lot more ‘pro’ than the old 13" MBPs :joy:

Can’t wait to see the proper pro machines - like 16" MBP, Mac Pros, iMacs and hopefully the mid range monitor-less desktop that has been rumoured…

1 Like

Yeah that’s true I can’t do anything near that performant on my 13".

Maybe something at least a little more affordable than a iMac Pro; plus a the ability to expand/upgrade. :heart_eyes: Perhaps just a rumor but I can dream. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The 13" MBP’s are not bad tbh - I used a 11" MBA for years! I loved that little machine :nerd_face:

My first Mac was actually a cheesegrater Mac Pro, it was a beast of a machine but I didn’t like being tied to my desk all day. That’s what I loved about the MBA, it was such a personal machine - you could literally take it anywhere.

I think my 16" hits the sweet spot, it’s good enough to use without an external monitor and powerful enough to use with multiple 5K or 2 6K monitors. It’s become my favourite now, particularly since they reduced the bezels.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Apple bring out higher end units with these chips - I just hope the desktop version will allow users to upgrade their own RAM etc…

2 Likes

Not really a review but basically what most people have been saying…

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it! :computer: :apple:

2 Likes