Any tips on trying a paleo diet?

It shouldn’t do - for example you can put salmon and some veg in the steamer (takes literally 2 minutes) then 5 minutes before it’s done chop up some salad :smiley:

Another staple is just lobbing stuff in the oven (takes about 5 mins) then an hour later some veg in the steamer (if needed) and then 20 mins later it’s all done :smiley:

While I love cooking, I don’t have time to spend hours slaving over a meal, hence my staples like the above are easy without compromising on healthy.

The great thing about the paleo is that it is so popular that there are tons of recipes online - that’s why I always recommend it as a starting point. Then when you’ve been doing it for a while you can move on to the more hardcore stuff :smiley:

It’s also very simple - so, can include anything that is:

• Meat
  • Fish
  • Veg
  • Nuts and seeds
  • A tiny bit of fruit if need be

Just try to keep things simple and not too far from what we may have eaten in a Palaeolithic era - in other words don’t use things like nut powders to make ‘bread’ - the majority of our ancestors wouldn’t have done that. They wouldn’t have eaten a lot of fruit either (and it wasn’t as sweet as our commercially produced fruit).

After a few weeks your taste will adjust too - sugar cravings will disappear and you will begin to notice how good ‘real’ food tastes - because artificial enhancers/crap won’t be messing with your tastebuds.

@OvermindDL1 might have some tips too! :smiley:

4 Likes