Alternative Regex Syntax

Alternative Regex Syntax · oilshell/oil Wiki.
Oil is a new Unix shell. It's our upgrade path from bash to a better language and runtime. It's also for Python and JavaScript users who avoid shell! - Alternative Regex Syntax · oilshell…

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Regex is one of those things that I always need to look up a reference to, even simple ones, since I use it rarely.

2 Likes

Same! ^^

Love sites like rubular.com :003:

1 Like

I’ve always found regex dreadfully simple, haven’t seen an alternative syntax yet that is as concise and clear, it has like a half dozen constructs and that’s it, some implementations have some more useful stuff, but the basic constructs will do you well almost all the time. Like I clicked on a few links there and they were all soooo much worse! Harder to read especially due to the verbosity… o.O

1 Like
  1. When used properly, yes they’re dreadfully simple. But I’m sure we could all find ample counterexamples.

2. Such as the one probably used here.

3. The big question, though, is what’s the plural? I think “regices” would do nicely, to follow the examples of index, codex, and Kleenex, oh wait…

2 Likes