Alpine Day 2021 - June 10 / 2021

I am looking forward to the talks and the new release, I’ve had Alpine on my radar for awhile now, I will probably slowly introduce it into my OSS projects.

I wish the team and contributors all the best.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes Mafinar :+1:

1 Like

My implementation or the event?

1 Like

Both? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Sure. I started replacing Bulma with TailwindCSS today for the Covid19 Dashboard I built earlier. I know I shouldn’t fix something unless it is broken but I wanted to apply Tailwind somewhere. Maybe I’ll use Alpine there too and take some burden off of LiveView.

I’ll definitely share.

(It is currently using BulmaCSS and Plotly for charts and maps)

2 Likes

Ah nice - you should definitely share! I want to explore more modern front-end tech before deciding what to adopt so I’ll definitely be interested in hearing your thoughts :blush:

1 Like

I am actually sort of peer pressured into trying out Tailwind lol, the front end community I hang out with all swear by it. Also, learning a new tech never hurts. I also was looking at PragProg’s Tailwind book and was about to buy it- only to realize I already bought it.

But I loved Bulma! For people like me who don’t want to spend a lot of time designing yet would love a decent look and feel Bulma makes sense.

Anyways, I’ll head out to my little weekend project, I can open a new thread on it if you think it’ll be useful.

2 Likes

I was gonna say, I’ll gift you a copy if you wanna do a book club :blush: which front-end community? If they are interested I might be able to accommodate them for the BC - a few of you could do it then :smiley: (it’s our first birthday next month and our next area of focus will be our book clubs :nerd:)

1 Like

There you go. I am documenting my experience with this and sharing it with y’all! This will be either a very quickly implemented story or an utter failure ending in rants, let’s find out!

1 Like

I finished reading the books already, did a super quick scan early in the morning.

Some members of WordPress and JS community in Bangladesh. I got some good friends over there, and some super talented individuals!

That’s a thing I do a lot, read books! Too bad I have a lot of book bought that I need finished first, and my focus for this year will be mostly Erlang and Elixir (OCaml too but that might be only as long as Advent of Code) and I have all the books on those two technologies bought, often in dead tree! Otherwise I could use some gifts :wink:

That is a great focus to have! I am big on learn by doing, but in some cases, books can be irreplaceable, if we can start a few book clubs on those areas, I think lots of knowledge could be shared through those discussions! I will certainly be regular part of it and pass all my book readings through joining book clubs!

2 Likes

Awesome! Well if you come across anyone on your travels who might be interested in joining you, let me know :smiley: and of course if there’s anymore you want to do yourself let me know as well! :blush:

1 Like

For sure! I will wrap up the Crystal Book Club tomorrow (was supposed to today but I want to try the Tailwind thing out first). Then I’ll finish the Elixir Concurrency book (highly recommended book!). After that the “Domain Modelling Made Functional” (through Elixir’s lens) is in the list. That will be a really long book club which could easily take months.

While we’re in this thread, I’d surely want to see a book on AlpineJS! I know it’s not as “big” as Vue or React but given its unique positioning in helping frameworks like Live(View|Wire), I think it deserves a focus.

2 Likes

You should post that in here Mafinar: Your ideas for book authors and other content creators :smiley:

Wonder if we can get some people to join you for those - you’re just 20 days early :joy: (that’s when we turn 1) - well if anyone spots this and wants to join you I can give them a copy :smiley:

1 Like

Wait this forum is less than a year old why was I thinking it’s been there for a lot longer? I think I joined June last year too so I guess I was a member from the beginning :smiley:

2 Likes

Was watching it in the morning, will watch what I missed after work. Really enjoyed it. Am waiting for the updates that’ll appear at the end.

Looks like I will do a quick journal on Alpine this weekend. Hopefully it’ll not be like the Tailwind one :wink:

2 Likes

Just started a thread! I am excited about this one, since I can have real use cases where Alpine might be uniquely positioned to give me some comfort. Let’s see how it goes.

2 Likes

[ Things I put here (along with the message before this) belonged to the other thread, so removing them, they are all housed here ]

2 Likes