Alan Turing's biggest fan remains the real enigma

The woman was to show up at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection office at 9 a.m. to view the document, and department officials weren’t entirely sure what was going to happen from there. Two lawyers with the U.S. Attorney’s Office would be present. An archivist specializing in historical artifacts had been brought in. Armed guards — four of them — would watch over the meeting to make sure that everything went over smoothly. No funny business. No sudden moves. Everyone figured this document viewing on May 25 near Denver International Airport would be an emotional one for the woman. She’d already been sitting in her car in the parking lot outside, crying, since midnight, steeling herself for what was about to occur.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

3 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

This was a fascinating, if a little sad, read. I had no idea those items had been taken (and then some of them ‘gifted’) to an American woman… and you can’t help but feel for her. He clearly, and it seems genuinely, meant a lot to her - I hope that the school will welcome her with open arms in future, and if possible, pay for her to return annually.

Julia Mathison Turing - if you’re reading this you certainly have my support! :blush:

4 Likes