A "Virtually Unhackable" Quantum Internet

The new Quantum Internet:

This will be a parallel internet to the one we use today with the goal of making virtually impossible to eyes drop data in transit:

As such, it is not intended as a direct replacement for the internet as we know it. Instead, it would run in parallel as a supplementary network for the banking and health industries as well as serving the national security interest.

3 Likes

Will we be allowed to use it tho :smiling_imp:

Seriously tho, I wonder when we’ll see quantum computing that is actually viable - from my understanding it is quite a way off yet? Maybe @Qqwy has some thoughts :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s pretty dope and reminds me of the post-apocalyptic transhuman roleplaying game Eclipse Phase, where quantum encrypted communication across the solar system is a means of traveling from A to B (by sending your digitalized mind).

2 Likes

I’m sure that would be a good topic for a thread - what’s next for humanity or what comes after humans :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

For note, it’s not that it’s unhackable, but rather that if there is an intermediary listener then you know it, so you can stop sending encrypted data. This is still a huge boon.

3 Likes