TikTok and the Fall of the Social-Media Giants

TikTok and the Fall of the Social-Media Giants.
Facebook is trying to copy TikTok, but this strategy may well signal the end of these legacy platforms.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

It could be quite a while before something new will take over, but for now, TikTok is the most popular social platform.

1 Like

I canā€™t digest how TikTok is so successful. Ninety-nine percent of people post rubbish and meaningless content on it.

2 Likes

Probably the same percentage on other social networks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

they really know how to get peopleā€™s short attention span :neutral_face:

2 Likes

It learns what you like DG, and shows you more of it :lol:

The good thing about TikTok is that when youā€™re using it you know it is purely for entertainment purposes, so when youā€™ve had enough of it you can delete the app (and reinstall when you feel like it).

YouTube is much more lethal, because it contains ā€˜usefulā€™ stuff too, and even when you are wasting hours on it you feel you arenā€™t really wasting time. I have added YouTube to my little snitch block list, so can now only access it on my phone or iPad. This helps reset your dopamine hit dependency imo.

1 Like

I donā€™t have the app or an account in TikTok, but I opened the web version a few times to see if there is something useful or at least meaningful in the ā€œfor youā€ section.

Youā€™re right. I donā€™t use YouTube as often as I did in the past.

1 Like

Ah you need to dl the appā€¦ or donā€™t - if you donā€™t fancy getting addicted :043:

2 Likes