Where do you get your tech/dev news?

Thanks for the replies everyone :+1:

I think DT is really suited to becoming a fantastic news hub, and I really like the idea of automating this as much as possible. So in addition to our language and framework (and later dev tools) news bots, I think we can add immense value by adding bots for general dev and tech news too.

The challenge will be ascertaining what is newsworthy or perhaps more importantly, a good fit for here (i.e of possible interest to developers) so I think the following could be a really good system:

• Once a day we find news posted on sites like BBC News (their tech section), HN, Lobsters, key blogs, etc
  • Post these in a members-only section and if a member thinks something is interesting enough to click through to, we’ll automatically post a thread for that item for everyone else :nerd_face: So you get to decide what is/is not worthy :blush:

I love the idea of this!

Over time we can extend it to more sources and maybe even newsletters too - resulting in what could be a fantastic way to get the very best news on Devtalk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes