What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

I am building fabform.io for static website forms

2 Likes

I’m starting to try my hand at business, reading how to optimize sales, delivery, how to do accounting in a more practical and user-friendly way, etc. I came across an article about the benefits of CRM systems. How effective are they?

2 Likes

CRM systems are essentially one large program that contains a lot of other useful programs that allow you to optimize one or more tasks. But the system contains everything.

2 Likes

As for the effectiveness of the business with it, what can you say, how much it will help to optimize the time of response to the request, work with the client, the sale, and so on.

2 Likes

Recently I need to use Ansible for OS administration tasks.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Does anyone know beginner friendly Elixir/Phoenix Open source projects?

Well, I’m back into trying to learn Elixir again. I had to step away from it for a while because of “work” getting in the way! :joy: I’ll be heading off to ElixirConf and NervesConf at the end of August so I need to get my act in gear. I’ll be in @redrapids and @fhunleth “Build a Binary Clock with Elixir, Livebook, and Nerves” training class on that Tuesday so if you also happen to be there, say hi! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I bought Jon’s ‘iOS Unit Testing By Exampe’ Book, maybe I will apply new skills that I take from this book in my iOS career. I also keep learning in Educative.io topics about Python, OOP.

2 Likes

I am about to develop a website using ProcessWire, let’s see how it goes.
I’ve worked on WordPress but my needs extend beyond a blog, and using WordPress isn’t enough, therefore I’m experimenting lately.

2 Likes

Slight update: I’ve added another talk to my arsenal, now one on Genetic Algorithms, recorded for Nerdear.LA which will happen mid-October. Not that I’ve actually used GAs for anything serious, but people kept thinking that my other topic, mutation testing, might have something to do with it. So I looked into the concept, saw it was a lot simpler than people seem to think, thought I could do a talk on it, pitched it, and got in. (Achievement Unlocked: I hadn’t actually written the talk yet!) Unfortunately I was mistaken in my impression that it meant getting to go see Buenos Aires, where the in-person part happens, and I turned down Devoxx.BE which also wanted it but happens at roughly the same time. Oh well.

2 Likes

Started to read ‘Functional Programming with Elixir’ book

2 Likes

Reading a book about ruby.
Just started coding on ruby in a company as a software engineer.
Previously I have been working on C# and .Net tech stack. Moving from compiled to interpreted language is quite interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Currently learning TypeScript, watching some tutorial videos

3 Likes

At work:

I’m still keeping up with my elixir server, occasionally adding new capabilities. Making new integration tools in Rust for processing CSV and Oracle SQL results together to process out to more CSV’s and such (in mere single-digit milliseconds!), and learning the overall Banner systems because it seems I’m taking over all that work, all while slowly converting the entire place to a new ERP system over the next few years, first rollout is in a couple months!

2 Likes

Bought PragProg Books and started some of them to read(I need to be consistent)) ): 1. Combine Kickstart(new native reactive framework from Apple), 2. Domain Modeling made functional(interested in type-driven development which I can apply in mobile development), 3. iOS Unit testing by example(interested in part of refactoring).

2 Likes

Started reading the book ‘Code That Fits in your Head’ by Mark Seemann

3 Likes

Bought Pragmatic Studio Ruby and Rails course bundle, going through the Ruby course (it is great, btw). My plan to is switch my freelancing to Ruby-based web development (Bridgetown, Ruby on Rails), and also to look for a full time job as a web developer, as I want to switch careers.

4 Likes

Just finished the Pragmatic Studio Ruby course! Great learning material, really well thought trough material.

4 Likes

Advent of Code.

2 Likes

Finishing ‘Learn Enough Ruby to be Dangerous’ book by Michael Hartl to deepen my Ruby skills. Looking forward to tacking Ruby on Rails next.

3 Likes