What dev-related stuff have you been up to?

For sure!

2 Likes

Gather some people together for it Maartz :003:

2 Likes

I recently installed LunarVim alongside my regular Neovim configuration . I must admit having an opinionated vim environment is really great. I’m learning some great tricks to put in my own configuration and found some powerful plugins (looking at you which-key). I may just move completely to lvim because of how simple it is to customize.

2 Likes

I’ve got it installed and I like it too Tucker! I also tried the simple set-up here: Neovim - Elixir Setup Configuration from Scratch Guide - Wikis - Elixir Programming Language Forum but like you I feel LunarVim is a pretty easy to customise and has most of what you want anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

I love all the new content that has been coming out for neovim! New plugins, guides, everything. Making lua the configuration language has made plugin development so much simpler.

2 Likes

Learning Docker and Kubernetes at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reading Build It With Nitrogen at the moment.

2 Likes

Have been trying to learn more about Elixir and Phoenix. Just getting good practice with it to be able to build side businesses.

2 Likes

I am building fabform.io for static website forms

2 Likes

I’m starting to try my hand at business, reading how to optimize sales, delivery, how to do accounting in a more practical and user-friendly way, etc. I came across an article about the benefits of CRM systems. How effective are they?

2 Likes

CRM systems are essentially one large program that contains a lot of other useful programs that allow you to optimize one or more tasks. But the system contains everything.

2 Likes

As for the effectiveness of the business with it, what can you say, how much it will help to optimize the time of response to the request, work with the client, the sale, and so on.

2 Likes

Recently I need to use Ansible for OS administration tasks.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Does anyone know beginner friendly Elixir/Phoenix Open source projects?

Well, I’m back into trying to learn Elixir again. I had to step away from it for a while because of “work” getting in the way! :joy: I’ll be heading off to ElixirConf and NervesConf at the end of August so I need to get my act in gear. I’ll be in @redrapids and @fhunleth “Build a Binary Clock with Elixir, Livebook, and Nerves” training class on that Tuesday so if you also happen to be there, say hi! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I bought Jon’s ‘iOS Unit Testing By Exampe’ Book, maybe I will apply new skills that I take from this book in my iOS career. I also keep learning in Educative.io topics about Python, OOP.

2 Likes

I am about to develop a website using ProcessWire, let’s see how it goes.
I’ve worked on WordPress but my needs extend beyond a blog, and using WordPress isn’t enough, therefore I’m experimenting lately.

2 Likes

Slight update: I’ve added another talk to my arsenal, now one on Genetic Algorithms, recorded for Nerdear.LA which will happen mid-October. Not that I’ve actually used GAs for anything serious, but people kept thinking that my other topic, mutation testing, might have something to do with it. So I looked into the concept, saw it was a lot simpler than people seem to think, thought I could do a talk on it, pitched it, and got in. (Achievement Unlocked: I hadn’t actually written the talk yet!) Unfortunately I was mistaken in my impression that it meant getting to go see Buenos Aires, where the in-person part happens, and I turned down Devoxx.BE which also wanted it but happens at roughly the same time. Oh well.

Started to read ‘Functional Programming with Elixir’ book

Reading a book about ruby.
Just started coding on ruby in a company as a software engineer.
Previously I have been working on C# and .Net tech stack. Moving from compiled to interpreted language is quite interesting :slightly_smiling_face: