What are you watching?

Recently watched “Nobody”. By watching the preview of the fight scene on the bus I set the expectation that the movie will be about some depressed man vigilante, but it was basically the 4th part of John Wick and John Wick was not my cup of tea. Back to comedy I guess.

Rewatching the Big Bang Theroy now. Really enjoyed the episode when Amy tried to rewire Sheldon’s brain not to be upset with things not being finished.

3 Likes

Little did he know that it would become his favorite sitcom.

I really didn’t see that coming and judge Seinfeld too early. The first seasons were not that great for me. But I heart so much about it that I decided to persevere and was not wrong to do so.

2 Likes

Haha, exactly my impression. It was a cute fresh movie, I generally liked it, but it started off way too slowly. I liked the characters. The premise and ending you could see coming a mile away, sure, but I liked how the main character evolved.

Too many times in US-centric media we are bombarded with constant preaching that you should “hold back” and be “a good citizen” and I enjoyed how the guy eventually figured – “hey, family life isn’t really for me, back to business as before”.

We need more media that tells us it’s okay to not want to be doormats, I suppose.

3 Likes

Just finished Suspicion on Apple TV and thought it was great!

1 Like

Apple’s stuff seems to be getting better and better! Slow Horses has been great so far :023:

2 Likes

really hated peaky blinders is only 6 seasons :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching “Komi can’t communicate”, an anime about a girl who suffers from communication disorders, and is helped by her friends.
Fun and light, good to watch in the end of the night and to forget about the problems of the day =)

2 Likes

Is this out yet?

This article reminded me of it:

Looks promising, I love Michelle Yeoh :orange_heart:

1 Like

I was thinking the other day that if you compare “All of Us Are Dead” (Korean small city high school zombie outbreak) with “Stranger Things” (US small town high & middle school monster/conspiracy) and pay attention to what is and esp is not said or shown and how the relationships work, maybe you can get a pretty decent though limited and partial cheatsheet to compare US and Korean, and even almost Western vs East Asian cultures.

As for me, I’ve mostly been watching Ukraine stuff…

Oh I saw “The Last Duel.” It seemed to do a good job of considering both those times and our times and implicitly asking us to compare them. I liked the production values. Personally I’m often bugged by all of the electric lights and so on in movies set before electricity, and this did a pretty good job of helping the viewer to get some visceral sense of that world. The locations certainly helped, but I’m a sucker for hanging out in old windy ruins in Europe, castles, abandoned monasteries, broken aqueducts and so on…

2 Likes

I heard good things about this movie, waiting impatiently for it to get to my country!

3 Likes

Just saw it yesterday. Wonderful mix of humor, sci-fi, martial arts, human drama, etc., all very well done. A bit long, but well worth it.

2 Likes

The Orville is back on, and a bit less comedy it seems (still working well tho!)

Westworld is back too! Really looking forward to seeing these!

The Boys is back on Amazon too, but I am holding off watching these as I fancy binge watching them all at once when they’re available :rofl:

Anyone watching anything interesting? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Umbrella Academy season 3 came out :wink:

2 Likes

And now I can’t wait for Season 4! It was quite good!

2 Likes

Well they just aired the season finale Friday. Time for you to binge and are you in for a treat!

Also just finished Stranger Things, don’t know the second half of the season felt meh to me. I am binging American Horror Story though. Done with Cult, Apocalypse, 1984 and now on Hotel. (I watched the rest except Roanok so that comes next)

2 Likes

Watch this video :joy:

2 Likes

I couldn’t get into the first season and ended up just giving up on it… you both think it’s good then? What’s it about again :lol:

I’m going to wait till the summer is over, right now I am trying to get out in the sun as much as I can because it’ll be winter before we know it :scream: :cry:

I wonder how many times that clip has been dubbed now :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

A dysfunctional team of superheroes, bad parenting, bureaucracy of time travel and 80s music. Oh and end of the world.

2 Likes

Out of all the dubs, this one’s the best :rofl:
A monad is just a cute flatMap :rofl:
Give me a for loop and I’ll hack that shit together in an hour :rofl:

2 Likes

whats with the new lotr movie

2 Likes