What are the 'best' apps around right now?

I thought of naming some of the apps I use on a daily basis i.e Apollo (Reddit alternative better UI, no ads, etc), Spotify, Instagram (trying to use less of it :laughing:), Discord, Twitch, or Thinkorswim (for some trading).

BUT, one app that has been really unique that I use weekly which is kind of an app is The Nudge? It helps me plan little adventures on the weekends, discover activities or places in Seattle I would have never thought of, or even date nights with my partner during the week. The Nudge is the perfect intersection of tech and human experiences. I really enjoy the fact that their main goal is to use technology to get you outdoors instead of scrolling endlessly on your phone. The app is pretty straight forward and simple. It relies on SMS to send you “Nudges”(?) which are essentially fun step by step plans designed by locals for your and anyone else to participate in. You can they sometimes give you options to reply via text for preferences of plans (send 1 for an outdoor adventure, 2 for a night on the town, etc.)

For example I most recently got a Nudge for a weekend backpacking trip where they laid out step by step instructions -> 1) COVID safety guidelines 2) Prep: Pack/rent gear and use discount code: ___ (sometimes they partner with other local stores for discounts) 3) Drive to Barclay Lake 3) Hike to the lake and set up camp 4)… so on (there are more detailed descriptions in each step). The app is an interface to save the Nudges you get via text, so if you like a plan you get via text you can open the app and save it for later.

I really have been enjoying this app and the activities have also been a lot of fun for both my partner and I. I really think this app has a lot of potential with the right direction + technology. Anyways, I’m starting to ramble so I’ll conclude haha… Only downside for now is that its only supported in 5 or so cities. You should check it out if its available by you!

2 Likes