What are the 'best' apps around right now?

These are my personal favourites…

TikTok! :laughing:

It has to be one of the most addictive apps I have ever used - it’s so addictive that I actually delete it every now and again to stop me going on it!! There’s just so much on there that makes me LOL, and I love that you almost never see any ‘hate’ on it. It’s also incredibly diverse - people from all different races, sexualities etc. Shame on some of the more Western apps really, that it’s taken a Chinese app to spearhead equality in the way that TikTok does.

SnapChat :smiley:

I love snapchat because it’s so personal - you can post things and not worry about them hanging around the web forever (in case you haven’t used it, photos you put up on your stay up for just 24 hours, and if you send anyone a direct message photo, you can change the time it displays from 1 to 10 seconds (or infinity) and if anyone screen grabs them you get notified - tho there are ways around it so don’t count on that). I don’t use it as much these days tho as I feel guilty for not being able to view everyone’s stories.

Tinder :joy:

It’s incredibly well made - the UX is good, intuitive and fast. Although the chances of me meeting people off it are very slim, I like swiping and seeing the match count go up. Not sure if they ever intended it to be, but it’s a bit like a game! I also think the app has probably helped a lot people feel better about themselves as I’m sure people are pleasantly surprised by the number of matches they get. It is addictive tho, and I keep saying to myself that when I get to X matches I will delete it (but then I keeping changing the number!)

Most used…

All of the above feature in my top 5 most used apps according to screen time, but so do the Music app and Messages app.

I’ll add some thoughts on apps I think are good (regardless of whether I use them myself or a lot) another time. Curious to hear everyone else’s favourite apps!

3 Likes