Weekend with AlpineJS

Started some time ago… Mostly involved fighting with errors. Setting it up following the tutorials given in the web (as in Phoenix LiveView + Alpine ones) don’t apply since I need to do an Alping.start() before the app (which was mentioned in their docs Migrating from V2 section. And npm install alpinejs doesn’t seem to work (They DID mention building from source with npm build... but I felt like following common sense at first try). Alpine 2.0 works though but I’m more interested in the cutting edge, after all, it’s a pet project and free learning.

Googling for the error messages I had “Webpack … appropriate loader… something…” sent me to Github discussions that led to 404. I thought that sucked. Especially when the discussions surrounding those links seemed helpful and results of those discussions weren’t documented any place else.

Anyways, it’s barely been ~30 minutes or so, I’d not start ranting right now. Though it led me to some really interesting frameworks like Stimulus and Unpoly.

2 Likes