Warp—The blazingly fast, Rust-based terminal

Just had this in one of their email updates:

Telemetry Opt-Out
Privacy550xauto

Warp has a major update: the ability to opt-out of telemetry. Now developers can choose whether or not they want to share telemetry data, like app analytics and crash reporting. Please refer to Warp’s newly revised privacy documentation to learn more about this update.

It’s great to see they aren’t just fixing it but taking user-concerns seriously enough to build features around them…

We also introduced a “network logging” Workflow that allows users to view all network traffic originating from their current terminal session. Check out the documentation here. Our aim is to be completely transparent about what data Warp sends to the cloud. If you’re curious about the thought process behind these changes, please refer to our blog post on the topic.

Nice!

3 Likes

Hi, All

I'm new both to DevTalk and to Warp. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to recover an accidentally closed tab in Warp. The Warp AI says it is, but the Warp AI gave me all kinds of demonstrably false information. Several features it alluded to either didn't exist or had names different from those it cited, none of its key command suggestions did anything, and, when I pressed it on these points, it apologized and was effectively like, "Yeah, I guess I'm wrong about all that."

But, with all its other tab-related options, and considering that--according to the Warp AI anyway--"Yes, Warp terminal is a feature of the Google Chrome browser and is always part of a Chrome window," there's probably a way to restore an accidentally closed tab.

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, and just to be clear, I did, of course, sift through the Warp documentation, and it had a bunch of info on tabs and session restoration, but nothing about recovering an accidentally closed tab

1 Like