"This AI will destroy humanity!"

Today, I tried to find some information and few times I not only got completely wrong answers, but even fake GitHub links … Every time I see so fundamental problem I remind all of the “skeptical opinions” like: "This AI will destroy humanity!", or: "Maybe, current generation is far away from it, but look how it changed over all those years!", so I’m looking …

Not only I’m not able to click those links, but also even if I copy-paste them into browser I got 404 page. I think “fine, it was moved/renamed”, so I will take a look at the parent url i.e. the account dashboard. What I found or actually what I don’t found made me sure that at least trinity-v1.2-7b is far, far away from being useful and all the damage it could cause is to generate a fake answers with fake links. With such an “AI” we don’t need to worry about losing even the simplest jobs.

Does anybody else have such problems or maybe I am asking wrong questions? Do you still think that the current “generation” is really a “progress”? Also could you really please let me know why people are so exited that AI could be their serious partner and they are in fear that it would replace them soon? Please let me know your thoughts.

2 Likes