The balance has shifted away from SPAs

The balance has shifted away from SPAs.
There’s a feeling in the air. A zeitgeist. SPAs are no longer the cool kids they once were 10 years ago. Hip new frameworks like Astro, Qwik, and Elder.js are touting their MPA capabilities w…

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

'Bout damn time. Always thought that nonsense introduced more complexity than it was worth, and makes any kind of scraping a PITA (though sometimes that’s on purpose).

3 Likes

New things like https://htmx.org/ seems to be better than what SPA frameworks offer.

3 Likes

And I still have a problem deciding if an application should be a SPA or not :frowning: How do you decide?

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that a while back, looked interesting, didn’t have time to learn it, but maybe one of these years – especially if it catches on.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to buy a domain like ShouldMyWebAppBeAnSPA.com and do with it what you’re probably thinking. :wink:

3 Likes

Does it need to be able to be offline interactable? Then SPA is fine. Otherwise no, excepting some use cases like games or so.

Or even not so new ones like unpoly.js (now JQuery free!).

1 Like