State is hard: why SPAs will persist

State is hard: why SPAs will persist.
When I write about web development, sometimes it feels like the parable of the blind men and the elephant. I’m out here eagerly describing the trunk, someone else protests that no, it’s…

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

1 Like

Sorry not sorry, when dude says:

1. I usually prize performance over ergonomics. I’ll go for the more performant solution, even if it’s awkward or unintuitive.

that’s a pretty clear signal that, unless I’m in one of those rare cases where performance is paramount, or one of those somewhat unusual cases where it’s even a big concern (aside from not using truly stupid algorithms), I should stop paying attention to what he’s saying. Performance stopped being such a huge concern in most software decades ago.

I for one will be glad to see most uses of SPAs die a quick (but ideally still painful) death. For the vast majority of sites using them, they offer zero benefit, disable a lot of standard features, and just means more crap to deal with at once.

5 Likes

This was a really bad take by the author. “Even if it’s awkward or unintuitive.”? No one will use your app/software if it is hard to use.

2 Likes