Spotlight: Paolo Perrotta (Author)

Oooooo it’s been so long since I read it that I forgot it was you who wrote Metaporgramming Ruby - I loved that book - thank you for writing it Paolo!

Here’s what I wrote in my review:

Metaprogramming Ruby is exceptionally well written, and I love the style the authors have adopted for this book. You follow the journey of a junior Ruby programmer who’s just started a new job, and gets paired up with a far more experienced Rubyist. This makes for a great backdrop to slip in questions and answers at all the right moments – genius!

Metaprogramming Ruby is an essential purchase, because it goes deep into some of Ruby’s coolest tricks, and although some of the other books cover Metaprogramming too, this one concentrates on it from start to finish – and when it comes to metagprogramming, a little goes a long way :wink:

I really liked the format and I don’t think I’ve read another book with a similar format since - you should definitely write more in that style Paolo! :blush: (And if it’s about Elixir, Erlang, Rust and maybe even Swift) I will be your first customer :smiley:

Just listening to your interview now and already enjoying the conversation you are having with Dave :+1:

1 Like