Should the tech industry talk more about mental health?

I agree that more people should speak about it or reach out for help - especially those who are part of any group who are at increased risk (that includes men as a group).

I think one of the things that leads to stigma is that people often think things like depression are caused by ‘mental issues’/trauma, whereas there is increasing evidence (and research) into depression being caused by gut issues. There is a good book on this called the GAPS book, which stands for the Gut and Psychology Syndrome.

Things like microbial infections can impair gut function, which can interfere with mineral absorption such as that of selenium, or interfere with other brain function such as neurotransmitters.

This is why I always encourage people to look after their health overall and take a more holistic approach… as often this can be of huge benefit to anyone going through any kind of mental health issues.

If anyone ever fancies a chat btw, my PM’s are alway open. I would like to think I am pretty easy to talk to :blush:

4 Likes