Programming Language Creator or Serial Killer?

Programming Language Inventor or Serial Killer? :computer::hocho:.
Try to spot who liked hacking away at corpses rather than computers

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

1 Like

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

https://twitter.com/dev_talk/status/1353081784301400067

Share link for this tweet.

You should take this quiz :rofl:

I got 7 out of 10 right just by appearance (didn’t recognise any of them) - so I wonder if the odds are slightly in my favour, should I ever find myself at a packed developers conference one day :joy:

9 out of 10, but it was mainly luck.

I did recognise Guido (creator of Python).

1 Like

Ohm you’re not hiding anything are ya? You know what they say - it takes one to know one :laughing: Just kidding!

I wonder tho, whether quizzes like this show how some of us are not quite as cautious as we should be? It reminds me of this time when a friend of mine and I went up the mountain for a walk and since it was the tail end of summer and fairly late (it was a last minute decision to go) it started to get cold, and so we thought we’d cut back through the forrest as it’s a short cut home. Anyway, it had started to get dark and at the end of the woods I noticed someone having a fire and thought great, we can warm up on their fire! I was expecting a group of campers but it was a single person! He had a backpack and a huge knife and axe (dread to think what was in his backpack!) but there I was putting his logs on the fire saying it wasn’t warm enough and chatting to him like we were old friends - this is actually my default - if someone is polite enough I will talk to them and generally like I would a friend (whether offline or online). But anyway… the whole point of the story is my friend said he could have been an axe murderer, and that it was a good job he and is dog was with me! (He’s a huge rugby player type!) The funny thing is even if I was alone I would have spoken to that person all the same :scream_cat:

I’m still trying to figure out if this is a good trait or not! :joy:

1 Like

6/10, I’m a fraud!

1 Like

Please tell me Hans Reiser is on this list.

1 Like

Nope, but Randy Kraft is :wink:

1 Like

Randy seems like an appropriate first name for him^^ :joy:

On a more serious note, seems like a prime example that the psychological effects of an oppressive upbringing or surroundings played a not insignificant part in how he turned out. Progress can’t come soon enough.

unfortunately never seen the photos of anyone except creator of python. still got 8 out of 10

1 Like