Programming Erlang Book Club

Ah yes, Robert has a knack for joining cool communities :sunglasses: (heā€™s been an Admin on the Elixir Forum since pretty much the beginning!). We also have Bjƶrn Gustavsson here too (member of the Erlang Core Team) as well as other famous Erlangers like Fred Hebert.

Unfortunately I havenā€™t had much time to read more, so what I think I might do is rather than just do one post per chapter, Iā€™ll post whenever I encounter something of interest too - thatā€™ll hopefully mean more frequent posts from me and mean you wonā€™t be as lonely in this thread, haha :blush:

With that in mind, I just posted a thread about something that cropped up in this book!

I am going to start saying unpacking moving forward, Joeā€™s exact words were: ā€œThen weā€™re going to unpack these data structures and extractā€¦ā€ :nerd_face:

Thereā€™s so much in this chapter Iā€™ve already highlighted and Iā€™ve only just started it!! Iā€™m really loving this book!

LOVE how easy it is to test right there in your module! (Loved this when I first saw it in Elixir too, but itā€™s even simpler in Erlang!)

LOVE how Joe explains the grammar: commas, semicolons, and periods.

Canā€™t wait to read more, and glad to see you are progressing well - the fact that you are is helping ensure I keep at it as I donā€™t want to fall too far behind, so thank you :+1:

1 Like