PragProg Humble Bundle - 4, 10, or 19 Elixir books bundle!

Cross posting this from the Elixir Forum - bargain for all the books you get :023:

I already had most of them but bought it to help Pragprog in their mission to help de-stigmatise mental health issues in the industry :orange_heart:

8 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

Arghhhh I have all the books except the nerves ones. And those don’t interest me much :frowning:

off-topic: I was wondering if there’s ever going to be an Elixir Brainteaser.

3 Likes

Arghhhh I have all the books except the nerves ones. And those don’t interest me much :frowning:

It’s a terrific charity…

off-topic: I was wondering if there’s ever going to be an Elixir Brainteaser.

Our proposals email is proposals@pragprog.com XD

2 Likes

True that. Also, Nerves can make me make things my kids will like so there’s that.

I wish :frowning:

2 Likes

Ah you should get it just for the Nerves books :003:

@Rainer made a cool model train controller with it and it looked like he had a lot of fun doing it :023:

2 Likes

Wow, this is a great deal for people that haven’t purchased many of the books within the Elixir series!!!

2 Likes

Yes, and the money collected goes to a great cause too!

2 Likes

I now have every PragProg Elixir and Erlang books in existence.Wooohoooo Maybe Manning too I don’t know. (Not read obviously, yet)

Has anyone read the Nerves books or have experience with Nerves? I haven’t had anything to do with nerve so I am a bit nerve-ous.

3 Likes

The Nerves ones are such fun projects! And the authors have found workaround parts

2 Likes

Great. I paid for that!

2 Likes

#MeToo, I have read most of them and they have great value.

The Phoenix book put me on the track of using Elixir/Phoenix back in November 2015 and was quite an eye opener about web development for me. Never regretted it since.

I’ll get this bundle for the two nerves ones and property testing :wink:

1 Like

Will we get the updated version of those books in the future?

1 Like

I also bought it :). I am very happy. thank you pragmatic programmers.

2 Likes

Great question. We’re so happy you’ve supported this fantastic promotion and extremely worthy cause. We do offer free, lifetime, edition updates on ebooks, but that program only applies to purchases made directly on our website. Please visit Frequently Asked Questions for additional details.

Don’t forget, this bundle helps support our Authors as well as ActiveMinds!

2 Likes

After paying for the 19 item bundle and creating a new account in the process, I was unable to download the books with it claiming that the keys had already been claimed and when I tried to log in it told me my account is disabled…

Anybody have that happen to them? Is this a scam?

1 Like

Definitely contact Humble Support right away and let them know what’s going on. Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Yeah, I already sent them a ticket. It says they will take about 10 business days to answer.
Well, as long as this hasn’t happened to anyone else. I guess I probably triggered their scam detection somehow :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You should create account with that id on humble.

2 Likes

It’s a steal for someone who doesn’t own PragProg Elixir books already.

2 Likes