Practical Vim, Second Edition (PragProg)

Vim is a fast and efficient text editor that will make you a faster and more efficient developer. In more than 120 Vim tips, you’ll quickly learn the editor’s core functionality and tackle your trickiest editing and writing tasks. This beloved bestseller has been revised and updated to Vim 7.4 and includes two brand-new tips and five fully revised tips.

Drew Neil

Vim is a fast and efficient text editor that will make you a faster and more efficient developer. In more than 120 Vim tips, you’ll quickly learn the editor’s core functionality and tackle your trickiest editing and writing tasks. This beloved bestseller has been revised and updated to Vim 7.4 and includes two brand-new tips and five fully revised tips.

Edit text the “Vim way” by completing a series of repetitive changes with the Dot Formula. Automate complex tasks, run the same command on a selection of lines or a set of files, discover the “very magic” switch, build complex patterns by iterating on your search history, and search inside multiple files–all without installing a single plugin! Two new tips explain how to run multiple ex commands as a batch and autocomplete sequences of words.

All this, without having to touch the mouse.

“Now when a Vim novice asks me what’s the next step, I know what to tell them. After all, Practical Vim even taught me a few things.”

–Tim Pope, Vim core contributor

• Full details: Search
  • View this book’s portal and details on how to post errata and suggestions here.

Don’t forget you can get 35% off with your Devtalk discount! Just use the coupon code “devtalk.com" at checkout :+1:

2 Likes