Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go: Exercise Solutions (many pages)

Is there any place where we can discuss the solutions to some of the exercises? I can figure most of them out, but am having trouble with Chapter 2, 2nd and third exercise.

It would be great to also compare my solutions to that of an expert’s…

2 Likes

This is a great idea. Let me see if I can make this happen.

Thank you,
Ricardo

2 Likes

@AstonJ what would you suggest for readers to discuss solutions to exercises in the book? A book club perhaps? How do we go about setting that up? The author, @rgerardi, agrees it is a good idea.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea :smiley:

Here are some options…

1. Create a book club in the Journals & Book Clubs - Devtalk section for general book discussion/chat Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go Book Club.

2. Start a single exercise and solutions thread in the Journals & Book Clubs - Devtalk section, perhaps calling it something like Exercise Discussion & Solutions for Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go

3. Start a thread for each individual exercise in the PragProg Customers - Devtalk section perhaps with the following format for thread titles: Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go: Exercise 1 (etc)

Be sure to add the book-powerful-command-line-applications-in-go tag to each thread as that will ensure all of the threads are pulled in to the book’s portal :003:

2 Likes

@rgerardi would you feel comfortable with option 1, and if yes, do you want to set it up? That way it has your name associated with it from the start.

Margaret

3 Likes

Sounds good ! Thanks you @AstonJ and @Margaret . I will try to set it up.

Thanks,
Ricardo

1 Like

Hello @adamwoolhether ,

As per your suggestion I created a book club for the book. Let’s use it to share and discuss solutions to the exercises. I’ll post my solution to the exercise you mentioned to get it started.

Thanks @AstonJ and @Margaret for the help !

Thanks,
Ricardo

1 Like

Great stuff Ricardo :023:

If you know anyone who might be a good contributor to the book club please let me know - we have a number of copies we could give away to help get it off to a great start :smiley:

This is great! Your book is great too, already incorporating some new tricks into my work! Thank you!

And just wanna say I’m really impressed with the quality of PragProg’s books. Seeing the author and staff active here is also very impressive.

2 Likes

Thank you @adamwoolhether ! I am really happy you liked the book.

I agree with you, before becoming an author I was already a PragProg reader and their books are great.

1 Like