Post Your Workspace

That’s a nice size Rainer - I think I’d struggle if I just had this desk, but I’ve ‘extended’ it :rofl:

To the right hand side I have a pine wood shelf unit and because the middle shelf is the same height as the desk in my sitting position, it gives me an extra 35cm (I use it for bits and bobs and my stationary tray (pens/pencils/markers, rulers, tape measure etc). The good thing is the second shelf lines up for my standing position, which again makes the desk feel wider than it is. On the left hand side of the desk I have a cabinet which gives me a further 60cm and this is where I have my amplifier and where my MPB also lives (in clamshell mode).

I also use a space hack - basically have my desk a few centimetres away from the wall, so things like my speakers and notebooks/files can partially hang off the end. The depth of the desk is actually 72cm but with this it makes it more like 76 ish.

I have also just today carried out one more hack which has given me even more room… installed a monitor arm! Why on earth didn’t I do this before!!! I love it!! I can now easily move the monitor back and fore/up n down or even rotate in portrait mode…

Having said that, I would still like to get a 2M wide solid wood desktop, ideally at around 80cm depth but they only seem to come in 62, 72, or 96.