Phoenix 1.6.0 Released

man, time flew so fast. yesterday it was v1.3 and eex then now v1.6 and heex. I cant keep up

5 Likes

Wait what happens in Laravel world? Generators are not optional? How can generators be not optional? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

It is completely optional. And despite my statement above, I had used it even before 1.6 and had little to complain about. Itā€™s just that I would have liked it as a separate library instead of a baked in one. But it is a very mild feeling.

3 Likes

Nono, thatā€™s not what I meant, sorry :sweat_smile: I was just poking fun at how each Laravel project comes (or came in the past, they might have changed that in recent years) with a User model for some reason.

Edit & note: though I am definitely biased and might be latently salty over the fact how Laravel tried to kill the Vapor framework a few years ago by introducing their Laravel Vapor under the same name, despite Taylor being well aware of the original Vaporā€™s existence. Total :poop:y move in my books.

3 Likes

Wow til Laravel has both Elixir and Mix.

3 Likes

Seriously? I did not know that about Laravel Elixir! Thatā€™s seriously shady as heck.

I guess if you canā€™t or donā€™t want to compete on the quality of your product, you can always stoop down to the mud of dirty SEO tricks.

2 Likes

I tried searching the Internet for blogposts scolding Laravel for this predatory naming which at this point really canā€™t be a coincidence, but could not find anyone being bothered by thisā€¦ am I too sensitive? :sweat_smile: I wonder what are other people thinking, though this could perhaps easily be separated into a stand-alone thread as itā€™s not all that related to Phoenix in the end. Sorry for derailing the celebration of an awesome Phoenix release!

3 Likes

Itā€™s not an option like --no-webpack, but You are free to use it, or not :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is the post says, however such a default means it will be used by many people, and eventually lock themselves into the style due to nothing pushing them to a better way. Defaults are incredibly important. I donā€™t worry about the people who already know better, I worry about the people who donā€™t.

4 Likes

love phoenix liveview

1 Like