Online Safety Bill : What to expect

Politicians are due to give their recommendations for the landmark piece of legislation.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

2 Likes

Corresponding tweet for this thread:

Share link for this tweet.

2 Likes

What to expect when government regulates anything it doesn’t understand. Rules that are inapplicable, ambiguous, and generally ineffective, with parts (if you’re lucky, versus most/all of it) being downright counterproductive.

2 Likes

If only things about an industry had laws designed by people that are actually experts…

2 Likes

The current government members not that long ago were involved in a campaign which they won in which they said in a televised debate “the people of this country have had enough of experts” to justify their position.

2 Likes

Uhhhhh, what-the-ever-living-frick?! o.O Who?! What?!?

2 Likes

Michael Gove, in a debate over leaving the EU, pretty much all the current cabinet members were the main faces of the leave campaign or heavily involved. This idea of rejecting experts was a central narrative usually under the branding “project fear”. But you will find a YouTube of him saying that easily enough, I believe the whole thing is something like “you are telling me what experts think, I’ll tell you what I think! I think the people of this country have had enough of listening to experts” but it might differ by a word or two. Either way it sets the scene for experts opinions in the current political climate

2 Likes

It’s frightening how dim some of that lot are :lol:

2 Likes