Onivim 2 Code Editor

Thanks for the great feedback!

For instance currently you can’t use macOS CMD C/V, you can in MacVim but I am on the fence whether it should be included - on the one hand it will make it easier for people to get going with Onivim, but on the other people may not fully adopt the Vim way. I

IMO, I think this should be fixed - one nice thing is that Cmd+... shortcuts tend not to conflict with built-in commands, so in places where we’re missing functionality (like Cmd+c/Cmd+v), I’d like to implement it to minimize the barrier to entry. The keyboard commands that conflict are tougher (like ‘Control+O’ on Windows/ Linux) - but the Cmd+ key on Mac def makes sense for us to handle.

I don’t want my code editor connecting to the internet in order to function - sometimes I am editing sensitive files and don’t want any part of them accidentally sent to any third party via a crash report or something like that

That’s good feedback! I turn off the telemetry in the vscode extension host, and Onivim doesn’t send any data - only traffic is an initial check-for-updates that sends as little info as we can.

3 Likes