Onivim 2 Code Editor

I’ve been meaning to add it for a while, I’m pleased that it may be of use to you and Onivim :blush:

I can’t wait to see more threads about Onivim tbh, I have a really good feeling about it - it ‘feels’ nice/slick, and so soon in its development too! I am sure it’s going to be even more awesome when it hits 1.0!

Ah cool!

I wonder if you could build in an off switch as well? This might be handy for those who want to force themselves to learn Vim?

How do you do that in Onivim Bryan?

I also wonder whether you could include additional controls essentially being able to prevent or authorise network access. So for instance whenever anything in Onivim wants to connect to the internet Onivim displays a notice asking for authorisation first (basically like Little Snitch but just for Onivim).

I think people are taking security more and more seriously now and I think this could be a killer feature for Onivim. One of the things I love about editors like TextMate and MacVim is that I can block all internet access for them via little snitch and they work perfectly. It would be great if Onivim does something similar to Little Snitch out of the box.

It’s good to know the pre-order lifetime license and discount is still there :smiley: Personally I think most developers will be interested in being able to purchase a lifetime license rather than paying a monthly fee for access. The market is huge and growing each year so I wouldn’t worry about revenue - there will always be new developers and so always new people interested in buying a license (these are just my personal thoughts and of course you have to do what you feel is right for you and your product :blush:)

Great!

Would you like us to create a separate suggestions thread for Onivim, and another for issues/bugs? For things like tips and how to’s I would post these in dedicated threads as they will be more likely to be discoverable by anyone who might be searching for something similar in future.

One suggestion that comes to mind right now is that on resizing Onivim stretches whatever is in the window and then on release fits the new size, however when you are resizing a code editor window you are usually doing so to better fit what you’re editing at the time. I wonder if you could add this to your list (if it’s not already on it)?

1 Like